Thursday 4 March 2010

TPI - Assignment 2

This was a very thought provoking assignment that covered some basic principles but brought it all together in a way that was much easier to understand....If that makes sense ?

The relationship between shutter speed, aperture and ISO is something which I'd like to think I have a good understanding of but had never spent time taking test shots at different settings in order to study the differences. This was really useful as it helps you start to memorise the various aperture settings and shutter speeds in terms of full stops rather than the 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments you get on the camera.
The best part of the assignment was to do with pre-visualisation and preparation for a shoot. The time spent carrying out research on a shoot can be really useful as you don't need any equipment...just your brain. What starts out as a simple idea takes on all sorts of twists and turns until you come up with what you think the picture will look like. Then you set up the shoot and it all changes again.

I found that a particular idea kept coming back to me so I had to try it out but for one reason or another I didn't. I still haven't taken this particular shot but as soon as I get the opportunity I will do and it will be added to this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment