Monday 4 January 2010

Sunsets

There are far too many pictures of sunsets, just look on istockphoto. Their rules about what you can upload states - sunsets = "been there, done that" .
That said, a few more won't hurt, so I had a go at taking some and living near to the coast meant a lot of pictures of sunsets looking out to sea (by far the most common). Unfortunately my timing was never very good. I would look out of the window at home and see a fantastic sunset so I'd get in the car and drive down to the beach. Needless to say, by the time I arrived the light, colour, everything had gone.


During 2009 I didn't take any pictures of sunsets, the pictures here were taken in 2007 and 2008. I would normally consider this (winter) the wrong time of year to take sunset pictures as the sun now sets behind the mountains rather than out at sea (from where I live anyway).

Now the New year is here I have set myself a number of goals and one of them is to get a set of decent sunset pictures. I'm not 100% certain what these will be of but there will be a mixture of shots taken both towards and away from the setting sun.


I particularly like the way the low sun illuminates buildings and people so there may be a couple of portraits taken at sunset as well as some interesting architecture. Whatever I do capture will be posted on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment